BAD began in the fall of 2002 when a group of women were discussing their desire to get together for happy hour on a regular basis. Given the lack of women’s venues, Dede Frain, consummate networker and tireless organizer, sent a single email invitation for a “December Happy Hour”. After the second happy hour, Dede realized that the network was growing fast and she officially started First Friday. Her dear friend Ellen Keating coined the “Babes Around Denver” name and “BAD” was formed! First Friday has grown dramatically over the last six years with attendance now exceeding 1,500 women, ranging in age from 21-75 EVERY month.
Upcoming First Fridays events
July First Friday “Fireworks” FRIDAY JULY 1ST!!!!
Babes Around Denver
It’s First Friday already and we are celebrating for the big holiday weekend. Our theme is “Fireworks” so get your red, white and blue on and join us FRIDAY JULY 1ST.
- Guests from the GALA Chorus Convention – please welcome our out of town guests and show then how Denver parties.
- DJ’s Markie, Shannon and Blaque Girl will be spinning music for everyone from country (EXDO – 6-10), Retro (Tracks 8-10), Top 40 and all kinds of dance (Tracks 10-2) and more dance beats in EXDO (10-2)
- Go Go Dancing by The Wicked Little girls
- Patio Open – Food Truck
- Cover only $5 from 6-9 and $7 from 9-close
- Still going strong after 14 years and still Denver’s best entertainment value.
#badfirstfridays on Instagram